Moldavite Trend on Social Media
If you have opened any social media platform and scrolled through the posts, you can see that there has been a HUGE push for Moldavite. There are especially a lot of new folks that working with or actively searching for moldavite pieces to work with. The demand has been so big for this tektite that local and online stores have quickly sold out, but is Moldavite really all that it’s hyped up to be? Read on.
What you Need to Know About Moldavite
- While Moldavite is extremely powerful, it’s NOT for everyone, especially for those who are just starting to work with crystals or energy work.
- Moldavite is very expensive. There are so many fakes out there and mass produced and falsified replicas, it’s difficult to discern whether it’s real when purchasing on line. And NO, the certificate of authentication means nothing and are easily produced. Pro tip: Don’t buy crystals or stones on Ebay. Below are a few examples of fakes.
- Moldavite is not really a crystal, but glass from outer space. A comment hit the former area of Czechoslovakia and the impact with high heat spread this tektite across the region. So the limited amount we have now is all we will ever have.
- If the moldavite specimen is shiny, it’s fake.
- Moldavite jewelry 99% of the time is fake. This is because the more your remove to polish it, the more value it looses.
- Real moldavite has small bubble inclusions.
Here are Some Example of Fake Moldavite Available on Ebay Right now.
What are Moldavites Healing Properties?
Moldavite is known to bring about a lot of changes to your life extremely quickly. It puts all the work you have been wanting to put to practice to the test. One example, if you are working towards being more patient, it’s going to call forth to you every annoying situation you can think of to practice that patience.
Moldavite also works with you heart chakra, so it’s going to rip open your heart to experience EVERY feeling you have been avoiding ten fold. For instance, if you and your partner have been having issues, all those bottled up emotions will rise up so you can deal with them appropriately.
Spiritually, it’s going to enhance your connection to the divine, including your spirit guides and the collective consciousness along with increasing your intuition. When I say, enhance your connection, it’s and intense series of events including synchronicities, prophetic dreaming, “seeing things out of the corner of your eyes” and even “hearing” inspiration. It’s important when working with Moldavite that you practice routine grounding techniques or else you may even drive yourself to a anxiety induced mental state. This is one of the major reasons why I don’t recommend this stone for beginners.
What are some Alternatives to Moldavite?
I am so happy you asked. There are plenty of stones that can substitute moldavite. They still will give it’s intended effects but without such intensity and with a much more gentle way to feel and play with the energies.
- Amethyst: Works with your third eye and crown chakra. Taps into your intuition and allows for better connection to spirit guides and divine. Allows for increase in prophetic dreams when sleeping with it nearby.
- Fluorite: Works with your third eye and crown chakra as well. Provides mental clarity and helps clear your energetic field.
- Satin Spar (commonly known as Selenite): When placed on the third eye, works at cleansing the and balancing chakra and opening your third eye like a vortex. Helps clear energetic blockages in all the chakras.
- Tibetan Quartz: During meditation, opens the channels to connecting with divine and your true selves. It facilitates connections to source and aligns your vibrational energies to your highest self and purpose. It also assists in tapping into those “good vibes”.
- Labradorite: This beautiful stone works with your crown and third eye chakras. It enhances your third eye and makes it easier to see that thin veil between here and the beyond. It increases your intuition while also providing protection from stagnant energies.
Where Can You Buy Real Moldavite?
I would suggest that you buy moldavite in person from a local shop to feel the energies. If you can’t go in person, talking to the shop directly (this is why I love shopping small business), can help provide guidance.
Avoid purchasing on websites like Ebay. While I have no doubt that there may be one of two authentic pieces, the market is flooded with so many fakes.
I would probably avoid Etsy too. In my opinion, that market has been flooded with too many resellers and even sellers migrating from Etsy. The smaller ones there may think they have an authentic piece, but even they are often misinformed.
To give you a reference point, the largest piece of moldavite ever discovered weighed 238 grams (about 8 ounces) and lives in the Musuem in Prague. The price for authentic moldavite is about $100 per gram, and more if the shape is desirable plus the demand (which is high right now).
- Don’t follow the herd and fall for the hype.
- Feel the energy of ANY crystal and pick what resonates with you.
- Purchase from a trusted seller.
- Do your research and make sure it’s not fake.
- Go easy with the energies.
- Follow me to learn more about crystals : @RememberLove and sign up to my newsletter.